One face in 30,000 with CF

One face in 30,000 with CF
One of the many faces of Cystic Fibrosis

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Great Cake Experience

I had my foot surgery about 6 weeks ago. The first four weeks I could do nothing but sit with my foot up. The last couple of weeks I have been able to walk a little but my foot starts to hurt after awhile. Yesterday I had had enough of just sitting so I decided to bake a cake.

I LOVE Pintrest. If there was an addiction self help group for pintrest I would be in it. I found this cake recipe and thought "I can do this"


Yeah, I know nothing about cake decorating but I can do this. Boy was I wrong.


The first thing I did was make the red velvet cake. it turned out like this.



Then I made the crust for the cheesecake and made the chocolate syrup that went on the bottom of the cheesecake. During this time my cute daughter grabbed a cube of butter without me seeing it and went and hid behind the couch with it and started eating it. Yes... I KNOW, eating butter? After awhile I hear her laughing and laughing so I go in to check on her and I see this...




She was behind the couch eating the butter but then popping up to tease the dogs. So then my dogs were climbing on the couch trying to get the butter from her. Then I smell and it was not the smell of the cake or the cheesecake. For those of you that have CF kids know what that smell is. She pooped in her diaper and it was not a little stink but a big one that stunk up our whole house for about 3 hours, it was horrible. So what does she do when I try to grab her to stop the butter excitement and change her? She goes back down behind the couch where I cannot reach her at all. I had to wait for her to come out so I could change her and clean her up from the butter, but not before she rubbed it all over my couch. Still not sure if I am ever going to get it out.


After that excitement I went back to me big cake plans. I made the cheesecake part of the cake.


After that I had to cool both the cake and the cheesecake before I could put it together. Then I put it together and it looked like this.

It did not look as cute as the picture but whatever my decorating skills will fix it.  Ha Ha yeah right! I will show you how it turned out. Now I was supposed to drip white chocolate over it except it did not have a recipe. I mixed it with whipping cream. It did not turn out thick at all and made a puddle on my cake. So here is my red velvet cheesecake. I think I will quit my cake decorating endeavors and find a different hobby. It did not even taste that great. Cheesecake part was OK but the red velvet cake not so much. I will have to find a different recipe for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment